photo IOTFhometab_zps80d0beb6.jpg  photo IOTFaboutmetab_zps0dbfaa58.jpg  photo IOTFcontactmetab_zps6aae20f7.jpg  photo IOTFsitearchivetab_zpsdc170097.jpg  photo IOTFthingsimintotab_zpsf69fa047.jpg

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July 2013 Beauty Favorites



Let's all take a moment of silence for our beloved friend, Summer.


Does anyone else feel that as soon as August hits, summer is basically out the door? August always flies by and while autumn is my absolute favorite season, I'm sad summer will be gone soon. We've had a really good summer where I live and my summer "want to do" list is far from completed (hardly even started, truth be told). But I've been loving my makeup routine this month because I've found some really great products that make it quick and simple but look "done up" at the same time.

The Products I Can't Get Enough Of Recently:


Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation and Airbuki Brush

This brand new foundation by Tarte has taken over my makeup routine; I haven't used anything else since I got it. Nothing. Check out my in-depth review of the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder Foundation here.

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

Most people love this, a few hate it. The complaints are "it doesn't blend well" or "it's chalky". I find that it is slightly harder to blend than the old Urban Decay matte eyeshadows, but they have WAY better staying power and is really smooth; win. I use this everyday.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Blunt

I like this color for summer because it is a pretty gold color with a little bit of copper to it. Perfect for all over the lid.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara

I've been loving this mascara for everyday use and it has improved the look and feel of my lashes the more I've used it! They seem a little longer and definitely healthier. Check out my review on the Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara

Nyx Blush in Summer Peach

I picked up this blush recently and worn it nearly every day. It is very similar to my Nars Deep Throat blush but just ever so slightly more pink than coral.

Calvin Klein Eyeshadow in Artic

This may sound silly to some but I use this eyeshadow as a highlighter. I love it for this purpose because it creates a really natural looking highlight when applied with a light hand. Most other highlighters are too frosty and can accentuate summer oilyness. This has the tiniest of sheen but is mostly a really smooth matte. This works best for a natural everyday look during the summer to bring out the highpoints of my face without adding to my natural grease-glow.

Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion

I reviewed the Banana Boat Self-Tanner here not too long ago because it's become my new favorite drugstore self-tanner. It's ridiculously easy to apply and provides a natural and longer lasting color than any other drugstore product I've tried. At around 7 bucks you can't beat that!

Let me know what your favorites are for July and this summer!


  Hope you all are staying cool and beautiful, 
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANK YOU! I appreciate every single comment I receive and expect a reply as soon as I'm able! <3