photo IOTFhometab_zps80d0beb6.jpg  photo IOTFaboutmetab_zps0dbfaa58.jpg  photo IOTFcontactmetab_zps6aae20f7.jpg  photo IOTFsitearchivetab_zpsdc170097.jpg  photo IOTFthingsimintotab_zpsf69fa047.jpg

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October 2013 Beauty Favorites

     It's that time again! I think I wasn't shocked when September came and went because I was so excited for the upcoming fall months.  Now that October has basically left us, I'm quite sad.  Halloween will be here before I know it and I haven't even carved pumpkins!  So many AUTUMN THINGS I haven't had time for.  Even though I haven't had the time to do all the cliche little things I want, I definitely have been enjoying more fall-themed products.  Because this is my favorite time of the year, I think that I may add in a non-beauty favorites?  I definitely have pulled out my ALL-TIME favorite candles (because autumn is my all-time favorite everything) and have come across some really amazing and interesting recipes for fall.  But for now, here's my favorite beauty products from this past month:

1. Tarte Call of the Wild Palette
     This palette has fall written all over it - copper, brown, plumy purple, and an interesting navy blue.  I've been really really really loving coppery colors, whether they're more orangey, brown, or plum colored.  The copper color in this palette is the perfect blend of all of the above.  All of these colors have been favorites, though.

2. Vermont Honey Apple
     Pumpkin and apple are my two favorite scents for fall and I forgot JUST how much I'm obsessed with this fragrance.  I stocked up last year on Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and Honey Autumn Apple (which they decided to change to Vermont Honey Apple this year - no idea why) from Bath & Body Works and I have been fully enjoying them once again.  The pumpkin scent is always amazing in fall but I can't get over how amazing Vermont Honey Apple Smells on me - perfectly sweet, perfectly crisp, perfectly apple.  Layering the lotion and fragrance mist makes the scent all the more sweeter and amazing.

3. Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Stick Foundation
     I picked this foundation up towards the beginning of the month and had high expectations for it.  With the first few uses it didn't live up to my high hopes.  After the first week I found that just changing the way I applied this foundation drastically changed the coverage, lasting power, and oil-control.  Strange.  I found that using my Expert Face Brush DAMP was the best way to apply it.  Using my foundation brush damp helped the product smooth over my skin without breaking up the pigmentation - it gave much better coverage and totally transformed the way the foundation wore and held up on my skin!  Now I love this stuff!

4. E.l.f. Translucent Mattifying Powder
     I purchased this products quite some time ago but never used it because I found that it became "cakey" looking much too easily and was almost TOO mattifying.  This month it just kind of popped into my head that my new Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Powder Brush might make this powder bearable. (I'd say this is the last time I went on about Real Techniques but that would probably be a lie - I just keep finding more and more amazing uses for them!) The duo-fiber brush sheers out this powder and makes it look natural and normal without taking away from it's mattifying power.  It now keeps me matte for hours without drying out my skin or giving me cake-face!

5. Tarte Eyelash Curler
     Most people don't think eyelash curlers are a big deal, but I've really been loving this one.  I really needed to get a new one and this one is really quick and easy to use.  First of all, you don't have to worry about looping your fingers through the holes - it just has rubber handles.  Second, no pinching! Last, amazing curl!  All I can ask for.

6. Benefit Hoola Bronzer
     This has been a favorite of mine for a couple years now, but every once in awhile I forget about it and then have to pull it back out and fall in love with it all over again.  It is matte and non-orangey enough to contour with, but is so soft and non-irritating I can use it on a daily basis.

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANK YOU! I appreciate every single comment I receive and expect a reply as soon as I'm able! <3