photo IOTFhometab_zps80d0beb6.jpg  photo IOTFaboutmetab_zps0dbfaa58.jpg  photo IOTFcontactmetab_zps6aae20f7.jpg  photo IOTFsitearchivetab_zpsdc170097.jpg  photo IOTFthingsimintotab_zpsf69fa047.jpg

Friday, June 28, 2013

June 2013 Beauty Favorites

 photo icingontheface-June-2013-Favorites_zps5ef6eb5c.jpg


This month has been a laid back, let-my-skin-breath, look-fabulous-with-nothing-on, no-makeup-makeup kind of month. It's getting really hot here, and whether I'm outdoors or in for the day I've been opting for a natural bare-minamalist approach to my makeup routine. Light, bronzed, and healthy.

So Here's What I've Been Loving To Create That:


Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Foundation 

(20% off right now on drugstore.com)
This is a foundation that was a little too dark a few months ago, now it's perfect! I've been wearing this for days when I want real coverage with a natural finish; but this has great staying power on my oily skin. I like to sheer it out just a bit with a damp beautyblender sponge. Otherwise, I've been just wearing some choice concealers instead of foundation.

E.l.f. Contouring Blush and Bronzing Cream

How many times have I mentioned this product already? Too much. I love the staying power of a cream and being able to set it with powder; makes everything last so much longer for summer.

Philosophy Lit From Within Healthy Cream Blush in Feel Warm All Over

I love this for the same reason I love the Bronzer from above. Lightly applied cream underneath powder stays SO WELL in summer. The color is also a light pink coral-y color with a glow to it. Looks like I'm naturally blushing and my complexion is bright. (But I will apologize because I think it's discontinued. Philosophy doesn't seem to want to keep make up products around.)

L'oreal MagicLumi Concealer in Fair

I hadn't gotten much use out of this product in the past because I found that it was too dry to use underneath my eyes (which was my original reason in purchasing this; hoping it would brighten up under there). But this month I have discovered the perfect use for it: days that I don't wear a foundation (which has been about every single day) I apply it in areas where I apply normal highlighters and blend it out with my pointed foundation brush. I love doing this because it highlights but it also adds just a tiny bit of coverage so the higher points of my face look flawless without a bunch of foundation on. EasyPerfect. Love. Obsession this month.

Revlon ColorStay Smoky Shadow Stick in Torch

Since my makeup has been super simple I want products that are quick and handy. I use this as a base for my eyeshadows. I find that it doesn't need much blending out like my favorite eyeshadow primer; this is quick and easy. It's also a little more moisturizing since I don't have as many products on my face in the summer.

Maybelline Expert Wear 8-pan Eye Shadow in Sunbaked Neutrals

This has everything I need and it's tiny. Maybelline eyeshadows have really stepped up their game since I first started using makeup. (Okay, drugstore makeup in general has really been stepping up it's game.) I have brown matte colors to create a natural but defined eye; I have goldy, coppery, and greeny colors for something special, or a pop underneath the lash line; I have a small compact that is easily stashed in a cosmetic bag; I have it ALL in this!

Hard Candy Stroke of Gorgeous Felt Tip Eyeliner in purple

Since I've been wearing really neutral eyeshadow most of the time, I will sometimes opt for a pop of color on my lash line. This is the perfect purple that doesn't scream hey look at me, but it's flattering.  (I do have to set it with powder because it doesn't have the absolute best staying power.) You can find Hard Candy at Walmart.

Maybelline MasterShape Eyebrow Pencil in Soft Brown

Love this. I've repurchased this a few times but always go back and forth between using this and using good ol' powder to define my brows. I find that powder can be more natural, but since I've been using the minimalist approach I figured a nice strong brow looks really good to bring definition to my eye area. It's like applying wax to hold your brow in place and color to define it in one step. Quick and easy; exactly what my summer makeup has been all about.

L'oreal Color Riche Le Balm in Tender Mauve

Love love love this. It gives the perfect amount of color while looking natural, balmy, shiny but not like a lip-gloss, and healthy. Feels great on the lips; hydrating. This color is just slightly darker than my lips; perfect!

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANK YOU! I appreciate every single comment I receive and expect a reply as soon as I'm able! <3