photo IOTFhometab_zps80d0beb6.jpg  photo IOTFaboutmetab_zps0dbfaa58.jpg  photo IOTFcontactmetab_zps6aae20f7.jpg  photo IOTFsitearchivetab_zpsdc170097.jpg  photo IOTFthingsimintotab_zpsf69fa047.jpg

Monday, November 25, 2013

Mani Monday: Vanilla Snowflake


     It's been quite awhile since I've done a Manicure Monday!  Since I've been wearing so many dark vampy colors for fall (if you caught my Autumn Nail Polish post, then you definitely know!) I was feeling inspired to switch into a pretty winter-y look.  My favorite candle from Bath & Body Work's winter collection this year - Vanilla Snowflake is what did the inspiring.

     I don't know what it is about that candle but I've been crazy about it recently.  Last year I was all about 'Tis the Season, but this year I can't get enough of the crisp, clean vanilla smell that has the tiniest hint of mint and coconut in it.  Vanilla Snowflake is so delicate and sweet, that's exactly what I wanted my nails to look like.  I started with Essie's Ballet Slippers - a soft sheer pinkish white and topped that off with a pearly top coat to give subtle sparkle and sheen.  Then I used a simple silver glitter from Forever 21 to create a "falling snow" effect.  I concentrated the glitter on my ring finger and working in light layers made it gradually fade out along my other fingers.

Essie Ballet Slippers, Glitters out of Forever 21 Sheer Opulence Set




























Let me know in the comments if you have a favorite winter candle or what you're wearing on your nails!
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANK YOU! I appreciate every single comment I receive and expect a reply as soon as I'm able! <3