photo IOTFhometab_zps80d0beb6.jpg  photo IOTFaboutmetab_zps0dbfaa58.jpg  photo IOTFcontactmetab_zps6aae20f7.jpg  photo IOTFsitearchivetab_zpsdc170097.jpg  photo IOTFthingsimintotab_zpsf69fa047.jpg

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Tarte Call of the Wild Palette Review and Swatches


     More Tarte?! Of course.  The Tarte Call of the Wild Palette became one of my favorite go-to's for fall as soon as I picked it up before autumn came around last year.  Can I just start with the packaging?  It's sleek and shiny on the outside with that little pop of leopard print that peeks out - what beauty product hoarder could resist that?!  When you open it, it's just as exciting with the leopard print around the mirror as well as the shadows.  Is it wrong I could just look at this palette and justify the purchase?  Oh well.


     Now that all of that is out of the way, inside you will find 8 shadows that are - in my mind - perfect for autumn time.  You've got the coppery/bronze color,  the perfect deep cranberry color, a warm brown, and great frosty white.  The rest of the shadows are mostly matte - which is great!  The dusty gray/blue and navy blue make for such a beautiful spin on an ordinary brown or black smokey eye.  The peachy pale and light gray are matte and make for great blending colors.  I think that the formula of the mattes are really amazing - not too dry and chalky, but have great staying power. 
     Whenever I need a statement eye look, but not sure what to do or do not have a lot of time to plan it out - I grab for this palette! Recently, I've been loving a look with the pearly white on the inner 1/2 of my lid, the medium gray on the rest, and the deep navy in the crease and outer corner.  Navy shadow! Try it.
     One thing that I have to mention is that the eye shadow formula I talked about in my review of the Tarte of Giving set is different than these - since this palette is a little older.  I find that some of these take a little more working with, but still give a great end result.  I think the matte colors work about the same, but it is the shimmers that they have improved - which is funny because it is usually the other way around (matte formula's usually need improvement).  None the less, I've still been reaching for this palette for fall-time!



     Make sure to leave a comment and let me know what your favorite Tarte products are!  Hope you all enjoyed!


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANK YOU! I appreciate every single comment I receive and expect a reply as soon as I'm able! <3