photo IOTFhometab_zps80d0beb6.jpg  photo IOTFaboutmetab_zps0dbfaa58.jpg  photo IOTFcontactmetab_zps6aae20f7.jpg  photo IOTFsitearchivetab_zpsdc170097.jpg  photo IOTFthingsimintotab_zpsf69fa047.jpg

Friday, August 2, 2013

Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil Review


I know I've been reviewing a lot of Tarte lately, but I've just been really pleased with the brand (as I always have, just enthusiastic). I got a trial size of their Pure Maracuja Oil with my Tarte purchase from Ulta and was always wary to try it because it's OIL . . . and I have oily skin . . . that breaks out a lot. Sounds like a catastrophe waiting to happen. But, my experience has been quite the opposite.
I finally decided to just take the plunge and try it; if I break out - oh well! Upon first applying this I kind of had a mini panic attack on the inside because it really is an oil - it kind of feels like putting cooking oil on your face. Scary. After washing my face before bed I only used a few drops and covered my entire face. I felt a little better after absorption because it absorbed really quickly into my skin and my skin felt like it was moisturized well and that's about it; it wasn't nasty crazy greasy feeling. When I woke up in the morning my skin felt very balanced: moisturized, but not greasy; clear, but not irritated; and the active acne that I did have was soothed and healing. (All nearly impossible things for people with sensitive, oily, or acne prone skin). OIL. Oil did that! It adds the right kind of moisture that when I wake up my face isn't a grease-ball but feels like it is NATURALLY hydrated (which is something that even oily as it is, my skin doesn't seem to do). 
I have been using this every couple nights as a supplement to my regular moisturizer. I'm afraid every night would be overkill and I don't want to abandon my regular face routine. I find that my skin is more balanced, never feels irritated anymore, (which is a constant thing if you suffer from acne or sensitive skin), is less red, brighter and my hyper-pigmentation is fading better than it ever has! It hydrates with the right pH, seems to almost resurface skin without harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbing, doesn't make me greasy, doesn't clog my pores, and I've found that my skin becomes less oily during the day because it's hydrated in the right way. Seems like an all around miracle product, huh? I'm thinking so. Definitely sold on Tarte's Pure Maracuja Oil.
Priced at $46 you may be turned off.. In all honesty, I probably wouldn't have found this miracle in a bottle if I hadn't received a sample with purchase because I didn't want to pay for something I BELIEVED was going to break me out. The trial size has only .23 fl. oz. but because you only use such a tiny amount, it lasts forever! I can't imagine ever using up the 1.7 fl. oz. in the full size! That's a crazy amount of this pure heaven-sent oil!

Now, to say this again: I only use it every couple nights in addition to the moisturizer I normally use. I will probably enjoy this a little more often during the colder months. I only use about 2-3 drops to cover my whole face well. The tiniest amount a few times a  week will take you so far.
 
Wonderful product! Tarte is doing things no one else in the industry is doing; truly innovative and glamorous products that are natural. My Tarte love affair just gets deeper and deeper.
           Smiles and a happily "oily" face, 
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANK YOU! I appreciate every single comment I receive and expect a reply as soon as I'm able! <3