photo IOTFhometab_zps80d0beb6.jpg  photo IOTFaboutmetab_zps0dbfaa58.jpg  photo IOTFcontactmetab_zps6aae20f7.jpg  photo IOTFsitearchivetab_zpsdc170097.jpg  photo IOTFthingsimintotab_zpsf69fa047.jpg

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Tag: I ♥ Drugstore Makeup



1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand?


Just one? Uhm... Uhh--is that really possible? If I have to narrow it down, lets go with Wet n Wild, Maybelline, Physicians's Formula, Alm-- just kidding. But, it is a tie between L'oreal and Revlon.

2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?

Face:  Maybelline Anti-aging Dark Circle Concealer; Cheek: E.l.f. Studio Blush in Mellow Mauve; Lip: L'oreal Color Rich Balm

3. Least favorite product?


Well, I don't tend to hang on to items that don't work for me - if I don't like it I find something constructive to do with it (find someone who will like it, use it for something else, etc) So if I have to remember--hmm. Probably those ICE nail polishes. Sorry, but I had some back in the day and they were so sheer and streaky I've never tried them again.

4. What is the best makeup bargain?


 Basically, any of my favorite e.l.f. products. Most of their products are $1 or $3 and when you find one you love (I've obviously found many), you just CAN'T beat that price. 

5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)


Am I in trouble if I say an e.l.f. product again? There's no way around it: if you're looking for an extremely affordable find, e.l.f. has you covered. I think their brushes don't receive the love that they deserve. (Check out the best here.)

6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?

Even though L'oreal is one of my favorite drugstore brands a lot of their newer stuff is some of the more expensive finds at the drugstore. Their prices are reaching mid-range makeup brands. Which makes me sad, but if the product is worth it - I'm gonna get it! So do what you do, I suppose!

7. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?

Most of the products that are raved and hyped up, well, it's usually for good reason. They tend to work for a wide range of people. Every product will work for someone, but Revlon ColorStay Foundation (some people's holy grail foundation) just didn't work for me. Granted, I tried it about 2 years ago, and used the oily skin version - it broke me out for some reason. It smelled like wall paint and gave me, not just breakouts, but cystic acne. I think they've reformulated it since and maybe I need to try the regular version. But I'm really hesitant to.



No comments :

Post a Comment

THANK YOU! I appreciate every single comment I receive and expect a reply as soon as I'm able! <3